• Certified Race Courses ▪ Search to see if the course is USATF certified
• Competitor ▪ featuring running, shoe reviews, nutrition and other information. Can be biased at times because it is owned by the same group that owns the Rock N Roll Marathon series
• Freeplay ▪ a women-focused endurance magazine. It is billed as being national, but it’s definitely West Coast-centric since it’s based in Rocklin, Ca. It’s heavy on personality profiles and fashion and light on how-to and training specifics.
• LetsRun.com ▪ the latest in running-related news
• MapMyRun.com ▪ plot out your run and figure out the distance
• McMillan Running Calculator (calculate training paces and race paces for other distances based on performance at one race)
• Runner’s World ▪ monthly magazine for beginning joggers and runners. Heavier on the fluff, such as the best lipstick to wear for a marathon, and light on in-depth training specifics. You can sign up for regular e-news updates. Runner’s World is owned by Rodale.
• San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District daily air quality forecast
• Stanislaus County Distance, a blog written by Riverbank runner and former coach Ruben Esparza. Great resource for high school statistics as well as other distance running news.
Nutrition & Stretching
• BMI (body mass index) Calculator, from the National Institutes of Health
• Dynamic Warm Ups for Runners (YouTube)
• Functional Exercises for Runners (YouTube)
• Injury Prevention, numerous topics from Runners World
• Nutrition & weight loss, numerous topics from Runners World
• Static Stretches for Runners (YouTube)
• Stretches ▪ Illustrations and brief descriptions of post-running stretches
Out-of-Town Regional Race Calendars
• Florida Space Coast (Atlantic Ocean coast)
• www.halfmarathons.net (for listings of half-marathons)
• The Marathon Guide (a listing of marathons, locations and dates)
• Run100s.com (for ultra-marathon information)
• Running in the USA (a national listing of races, on a state-by-state basis)
• Brazen Racing ▪ this group puts on well-organized trail races of 5K, 10K and half-marathon distances for beginners and veterans alike, mostly in the Bay Area.
• Capital Road Race Management ▪ race management, Chonotrack chip timing and results
• Central Valley Timing ▪ event support and chip timing from Bakersfield to Modesto
• A Change of Pace ▪ race management and results
• Go for It Events ▪ race timing and race management
• On Your Mark Events ▪ race management and chip timing
• Pace Yourself Timing ▪ chip timing and race management
• RTS Race Timing Services ▪ road races, cross-country and track-and-field meet timing
• Sacramento Running Association ▪ puts on California International Marathon (CIM), Super Sunday Run, Credit Union SacTown 10 and Gold Rush 50K
• Synergy Race Timing ▪ race management and chip timing
• ShadowChase Running Club ▪ chip timing and timing equipment rental
• San Joaquin Running ▪ Central Valley trail running events
• South Valley Endurance ▪ chip timing and race management
• Talley Timing ▪ Chronotrack chip timing and race management
• Fleet Feet Fresno — formerly known as Sierra Running Co.
• Sole 2 Soul Sports
160 E. Paseo Centro, River Park Plaza, Fresno,
Target Shopping Center, 4241 Mooney Blvd., Visalia,
and now at 9000 Ming Ave., Ste K-1, Bakersfield
Running Clubs/Training Groups
• Buffalo Chips Running Club, Sacramento
• Central Valley Roadrunners ▪ track and field for youth, ages 7-17, Modesto
• Dusty Bottoms Trail Runners, Modesto
• San Joaquin Running Tribe, Fresno
• ShadowChase Running Club, Modesto
• Sierra Challenge Express, Fresno
• Team Challenge, a running training program for anyone touched by cancer. Sponsored by Memorial Medical Center, Modesto
• Team in Training Sacramento area, including northern San Joaquin Valley. Benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
• Team in Training Central California, including Fresno and Bakersfield. Benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Looking for information about running clubs, stretching or training? We have it here. Don’t see something you need?
Contact us. We’ll try to find it and post it to share with other Central Valley runners.